Welcome to our Career Section. We would like to provide all SBCA members information on available career opportunities. If you or your organization have positions you’d like to advertise to our membership, please share information on available positions to the SBCA Secretary by emailing SBCAClaims@gmail.com.
Claims Adjuster – Senior (SW Florida)
If you’re looking for a career that’s more than just a paycheck, then you’re looking for Citizens Property Insurance Corporation.
We are seeking dedicated people who want to be part of Florida’s future, helping Floridians protect their most important assets – their homes and businesses. We are Florida’s property insurance provider of last resort, protecting many property owners statewide. With over 1,200 employees in Jacksonville, Tallahassee and Tampa, Florida – we offer opportunities with the personal satisfaction of public service – helping people and communities in a real and concrete way.
Settling claims fairly is a service we provide our insured in the state of Florida. The State’s largest property insurer has an opportunity for a seasoned field claims professional based in the Southwest Florida (Sarasota to Ft. Myers) area. Do the following statements describe YOU? You enjoy setting your own schedule. You prefer telecommuting work. You enjoy working in the field. You are proficient in the use of Xactimate. As the Senior Property Claims Field Adjuster, you will have the opportunity to set your own schedule and doing what you enjoy most. The ideal candidate will possess prior experience in water claims handling and strong Xactimate knowledge and experience. Join us and help ensure our policy holders claims are handled efficiently and fairly, because you, like us, do the right thing.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Negotiate and settle claims in accordance with Citizens policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates proficiency in conducting investigations, damage assessments and claim evaluations.
- Works with insured and external business partners regarding the handling and/or disposition of claims and other issues.
- Documents all information that is relevant to a claim and prepares reports as required.
- Participates in catastrophe response as needed.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s degree OR two (2) years relevant experience OR a combination of college education and experience equivalent to two (2) years.
- Six (6) years or more years of experience handling claims.
- Must possess a valid, active and appropriate Florida adjuster license within 90 days of employment and maintain it as a condition of continued employment. Appointment required.
- Within 90 days of employment, must successfully complete all requirements of Citizens Fundamental Claims School, which includes obtaining an overall passing score.
Juris Doctor (JD)
- 1 or more years of adjusting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or field with skill transferable to insurance.
- Eight years of experience handling claims
- Active Florida Adjuster license (620 or 644)
- Industry designations or certifications.
This position requires the ability to sit, hear, converse over the telephone and key frequently on a computer for long periods of time (4 or more hours per day). Position may require the ability to be mobile, operate a motor vehicle, climb roofs and inspect homes including attics & crawl spaces. This position may require occasional overnight travel during catastrophe response; and may be required to work for extended periods of time to include after standard business hours in addition to weekends and holidays during catastrophe response, or as needed.
Citizens offers a competitive annual salary commensurate with experience, and an excellent benefits package including retirement savings with an 8% company match, medical, dental, group life, long and short disability and professional development opportunities.
Citizens is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
For immediate consideration contact Mark Thomas, Sr. Recruiter, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gallagher Bassett Services, Inc. – WC Senior Resolution Specialist (Claims) – Tampa FL
Requisition Number: 41237
Analyzes coverage and settles moderately complex claims in one or more of Gallagher Bassett’s specialty claims areas. Generally, incumbent does not work on workers compensation claims.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Able to manage the full-life cycle of all assigned claims files.
- Analyzes coverage and determines defense obligations.
- Under minimal supervision, conducts thorough analysis and investigations necessary to determine claims exposure and recommend appropriate settlement strategies and action plans.
- Creates reservation of rights and coverage denial letters.
- Negotiates settlements with clients, client attorneys, and Public Adjusters.
- Interacts extensively with various parties involved in the claims process, and may recommend retaining the advice of outside experts as necessary.
- Prepares reserve and settlement authority requests for client and carrier approval.
- May act as a client advocate with carriers to ensure proper claims handling, including any necessary scoping, estimating, and addressing of coverage.
- Has a solid understanding of claims processing and the insurance brokerage business.
- Has a basic understanding of the terminology and case law associated with their specialized claims niche/industry.
- Handles claims consistent with clients’ and corporate policies, procedures and “best practices” and also in accordance with any statutory, regulatory and ethical requirements.
- Incumbents at this level should be able to work at full case load capacity.
- High school diploma.
- 5 or more years related claims experience required.
- Prior experience working within the applicable specialty claims area or demonstrated ability to handle unique/challenging claims issues.
- Appropriately licensed and/or certified in all states in which claims are being handled.
- Knowledge of accepted industry standards and practices.
- Computer experience with related claims and business software
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Two or more years of prior experience adjusting claims in applicable specialty area preferred.
- Ability to think critically, solve problems, plan and organize activities, serve clients, negotiate, effectively communicate verbally and in writing and embrace new challenges.
- Analytical skill necessary to make decisions and resolve issues inherent in handling of claims.
- Ability to successfully negotiate the settlement and disposition of claims including the ability to interpret related documentation.
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
- Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization
- Must be willing to execute Gallagher’s Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement which requires, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure
To apply for this position- https://jobs.ajg.com